Dr Robert Dawborn
- All consultations attract a medicare rebate
- there is no requirement for a referral to get medicare rebates.
- there is no limit to the number of sessions you can have under medicare.
- If you are a longer term psychotherapy client of Dr Dawborn you will reach the Medicare Safety Net after 10-16 sessions or less.
GP, Psychiatrist or Paediatrician Referral
Referrals for counselling can be made by your GP (under a GP mental Health Treatment Plan) or by a Psychiatrist or Paediatrician under the appropriate item numbers.
GP Mental Health Treatment Plan
This a common form of referral for counselling and psychotherapy.
- is necessary for attracting medicare rebates if you are being referred to a psychologist or allied health professional
- is not necessary for attracting medicare rebates if the referral is to a General Practitioner or Psychiatrist (Medical Practitioners)
Therapy begins when you contact us.
As we cannot always answer the phone, you may wish to fill out the contact form below.